Wednesday, 11 May 2016

Weekly Wrap Up #4: Wobbly

Hello there!

I am, yet again, late with my weekly wrap up but the travelling has now stopped and I am in the same place for more than a couple of days - I have mixed emotions about this, but it's probably a good thing considering work is becoming quite a serious pressure.

I am having what I am calling "A Wobbly Time". I am generally confused and oscillating between being fine and being sooverwhelminglyworriedandstressedabouteverything. And to be fair to myself, there is a lot to worry about: funding for the rest of the year when I have 2 rents to pay, plans post-graduation, getting a career, doing enough work to keep up but not enough for it to feel like a waste of time considering it doesn't count for anything, an essay that does count for something and needs to be done at the same time as all the other work. Phew. Having it written down makes me feel better.

However, I am on top reading form, my friends!

Finished

  • Prisoner of Azkaban - J. K. Rowling
I'm currently rereading the HP series and this was one of the first books I got out from the city library, and to be make things even better it was one of the beautiful copies! I love rereading the HP series because I know the films so well and I forget all of the small details in the books, like Harry sneaking into Hogsmeade and surprising Ron and Hermione in Honeydukes. I also love how questions I can never remember the answer to when watching films get answered with the books, such as what actually was going on with Sirius Black and the Potters before they died.


  • Throne of Glass - Sarah J. Maas
This was another bookstagram influenced choice and my first entire book that I've read in German and I LOVED IT. I wrote in my Goodreads review about my annoyance towards the love triangle and how what was more annoying than the existing love triangle was that I became completely invested in it (#TeamDorian). Celaena is a fantastic heroine and there was so much drama and interesting twists that I couldn't help but move on immediately to the sequel...

  • Crown of Midnight - Sarah J. Maas
...which leads me onto a bit of a story. In preparation for me finishing Throne of Glass, I bought Crown of Midnight and Heir of Fire both in German, so that I would read them in German. I started Crown of Midnight on the train to the airport and was loving it! I went to my mum's for the night, and the next day DISASTER STRUCK because I left it there, a house to which I won't be returning until June. You can imagine my panic. As a result, I did the only thing logical and downloaded the English version using the Kindle app on my phone, connected to the Sainsbury's Petrol Station Wi-Fi. I finished it the next day.

I thought this was a great sequel - my heart hurt when Dorian was suddenly in the background but Chaol went through an excellent development and I found myself feeling very very conflicted. I loved Celaena in the first book and I loved her more in this one because we finally got to see *her* - her background of being an assassin shows through and some of the mystery slips away to reveal a big ball of drama wrapped up in a deadly teenage girl. Excellente.

Started 

  • Heir of Fire - Sarah J. Maas
Even though I knew I had a copy of Heir of Fire in Germany waiting for me when I returned, I needed it there and then, so downloaded it in English on my phone (oops.). I'm not far in but my expectations are high and from what I've heard, I won't be disappointed.

Blog Posts


I'm off to go bury my head in Heir of Fire now, so have a nice rest of the week all!
Zoe