Monday, 6 June 2016

Monthly Wrap Up: May '16

Goodbye May and hello June!

I've never really liked May; it is the month of exams, and stress, and confusing weather. Being in Germany and not having the exams didn't change my feelings about the month. It's been simultaneously speedy and snail paced - how does that work? I have no idea. May is a muddled month, my friends.

Read
  • Throne of Glass: Die Erw√§hlte - Sarah J. Maas
  • Throne of Glass: Kriegerin im Schatten - Sarah J. Maas
  • Heir of Fire - Sarah J. Maas
  • Queen of Shadows - Sarah J. Maas
  • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - J. K. Rowling
  • Luckiest Girl Alive - Jessica Knoll
  • Wie Blut so rot - Marissa Meyer

Thanks to Sarah J. Maas, May was an excellent reading month, but I think I also need to blame her for giving me my first book hangover and also later inducing my reading slump.

Book Haul

So apart from all of the Throne of Glass series, sometimes both in English and in German, the only other book I bought was Luckiest Girl Alive - it was an emergency situation in the airport where my phone was running out of battery and it was my only way of reading anything, so I went into WHSmith and bought Jessica Knoll's book because I'd seen it featured on some of Buzzfeed's lists and in other articles online. Alarm bells should have started ringing as soon as I saw that it had been compared to Gillian Flynn's writing...

Prisoner of Azkaban and Scarlet were both library books, and from now on I'm going to try and make as much use of the libraries here as possible before I leave.

Select Blog Posts



How were your Mays? If you wrote a monthly wrap up, be sure to let me know so I can check them out!
Love to you, 
Zoe