Friday, 1 July 2016

Monthly Wrap Up: June '16

Hello lovelies, 


Okay so somebody needs to explain to me how I am already writing a wrap up for June RIGHT NOW. Where did the month go? I'm pretty sure it's only been a few days since I was complaining about June being the month of exams and deadlines. How dare you move so quickly, Time, how dare you.

So what's been going on in the month of June? Well, not much to be honest. The aforementioned exams and deadlines kind of got in the way of any reading.

Read

  • Cress - Marissa Meyer
  • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - J. K. Rowling
  • Order of the Phoenix - J. K. Rowling

Like I said, it's been a slow reading month. Out of all of these, I probably enjoyed Goblet of Fire more. Cress was good, but my feelings towards it since finishing it seem to have mellowed out. Order of the Phoenix was another new re-read, but I went into a reading slump where I just didn't want to read at all, so it kind of sucked the joy out of it and also took forever. What do you do when you're in a reading slump?

Book Haul

Whilst I don't have any evidence of this yet, I have finally ordered A Court of Thorns and Roses AND A Court of Mist and Fury. Once I get them, they will be the first books I've bought in a couple of months, and I literally cannot wait to read them. I love SJM and I'm so excited to get involved in the hype surrounding these books. Expect to see many photos and reading updates very soon.

Select Blog Posts

Don't miss out on these!
Personal Updates

  • June marks my last whole month in Germany
Shh, don't tell anyone, but I REALLY WANT TO GO HOME NOW

  • I am from a ridiculously silly country
You may have heard about my Post-Brexit Blues, but unfortunately, it gets worse. Who will be our next Prime Minister? What will happen to Jeremy Corbyn? Can we have Nicola Sturgeon as PM? When will Article 50 be triggered and by whom? What am I going to do with my life now that I don't want to live in the UK any longer than I have to????

  • I'm going to INDIA.
So a while back, I wrote about how for my boyfriend's birthday I said I would take us away somewhere and the destination was all hush hush (here). Fast forward a couple of days and I naturally ended up telling him where we're going. I'm a bit disappointed in myself for not being able to keep the secret, but it does mean that I can get all excited about on here now! I'M GOING TO INDIA FOR A MONTH WOOOO.

Goodbye June, hello July. Let's hope it's a good'un.
If you have monthly wrap up posts on your blog, share them with me!
Love to you all,
Zoe