Monday, 2 January 2017

December Wrap Up

 
December is one of my favourite months because of Christmas a. k. a. my favourite time of the year, and although I’m sad it’s over, I am ready for 2017!

Read


  • The Vegetarian - Han Kang ⭐⭐⭐
  • Suburb - Steven Kedie *review in January*
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - J. K. Rowling ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Hogfather - Terry Pratchett ⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops - Jen Campbell ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • The Couple Next Door - Shari Lapena ⭐⭐
  • Homegoing - Yaa Gyasi ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • The Little Book of Hygge - Meik Wiking ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Everyday Sexism - Laura Bates ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • the princess saves herself in this one - Amanda Lovelace ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Maybe it was the Christmas cheer and general happiness that pervaded December that affected my reading, but boy was it a good reading month! I finished my Harry Potter reread, I read Homegoing which is one of my 2016 favourites, and I read The Little Book of Hygge which has inspired me and sent me on a hygge craze.
Book Haul


  • The Couple Next Door - Shari Lapena
  • the princess saves herself in this one - Amanda Lovelace
  • The Book of Fairy Tales - Angela Carter
  • Literary Listography - Lisa Nola
  • The Little Book of Hygge - Meik Winnig
  • The Book of Hygge - Louisa Thomsen Brits
  • Hygge - Marie Tourell Søderberg
  • Homegoing - Yaa Gyasi
  • A Year of Living Danishly - Helen Russell

Ahh Christmas. My TBR weeps when you are near.

Personal Update


  • I went to Vienna! We visited all the major Christmas markets and it was bitterly cold and lovely. Check out my personal insta for more photos!
  • Christmas! I spent my first Christmas in York alone with my boyfriend and it was one of the best Christmasses to date. It was so relaxed with excellent food and excellent company.

Blog Posts


Posts I’ve Loved


How were your Decembers? How do you feel about 2016 coming to an end? Let me know by commenting below and don't forget to leave links to your December wrap ups too!
Happy reading,
Zoe