Friday, 3 March 2017

February Wrap Up

Unlike January, February seems to have been over in the blink of an eye - no complaints from me though!

Read

  • The Fellowship of the Ring - J. R. R. Tolkien ⭐⭐⭐
  • The Book of Hygge - Louisa Thomson Brits ⭐⭐⭐
  • The Tidal Zone - Sarah Moss ⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Queer: A Graphic History - Meg-John Barker ⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Ragdoll - Daniel Cole (review here) ⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • The Woman in Cabin 10 - Ruth Ware ⭐⭐
  • Good Me Bad Me - Ali Land ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I finally finished The Fellowship of the Ring! I haven’t moved onto The Two Towers yet, but someday soon, I promise! I had a few reads this month which were more disappointing than I expected (looking at you, Woman in Cabin 10) but overall a good reading month!

The books that stood out for me this month were The Tidal Zone, Ragdoll, and Good Me Bad Me.

Book Haul

  • Ragdoll - Daniel Cole (audiobook)
  • I Let You Go - Clare Mackintosh
  • Empire of Storms - Sarah J. Maas
  • Rife - ed. by Nikesh Shukla (Unbound)

You may remember that I read I Let You Go last month, but I’d borrowed it from the library. When I saw it on the shelf in the secondhand bookshop where I work, I couldn’t just leave it there! I also picked up EoS because I didn’t already own a physical copy and it had been on the shelf for a weeks and was close to being culled. I also put money towards Rife, a collection of essays by British BAME young writers - I’m really looking forward to seeing that get published! If you’d also like to help out, you can do so here.
More info about these delicious Bluebird Tea Co. teas coming soon!

Personal Update

  • I am officially moving away from York! Just this week me and my boyfriend found a place to live, which is especially exciting because it’ll be the first time we actually live together - no more long distance!
  • I’m going to Marrakech! We haven’t been on an adventure since India last summer, and we’re getting a bit restless being stuck in the UK where we have to deal with the onslaught of work from uni. Next month we’ll be going to Marrakech for a few days for a bit of R&R
  • All. The. Stress. It turns out, the final year of uni is a struggle. Whilst I do enjoy all of my modules, they are all incredibly difficult sometimes and the work that needs doing for them can pile up very quickly. I only have 3 weeks of term left, so I just need to keep positive and make it through that.

Posts I’ve Loved



How were your months? Did you get much reading done? Let me know in the comments below, and don't forget to leave links to your wrap up posts!
Happy reading,
Zoe