Tuesday, 2 May 2017

April Wrap Up

I wish I could say that April whizzed by, but it didn’t. May promises to be a stressful month with all of my exams and uni deadlines crammed into a matter of weeks, but I have plans to read some excellent books to keep me going.

Read

  • How To Be Both - Ali Smith ⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Eichmann in Jerusalem - Hannah Arendt ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • The Glorious Heresies - Lisa McInerney ⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • The Power - Naomi Alderman ⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • I See You - Clare Mackintosh ⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Behind Her Eyes - Sarah Pinborough ⭐⭐
  • American Gods - Neil Gaiman ⭐⭐⭐⭐

I read some really good books this month but the ones that have stood out for me especially are How To Be Both, Eichmann in Jerusalem, and American Gods. And don’t you worry, a review is brewing over that 2 star that snuck in there...

Book Haul

  • Postnazismus und Popul√§rkultur - Jalena Jezo (it’s a book for uni, so it doesn’t really count)
  • Shelter - Jung Yun
  • The Museum of You - Carys Bray
  • I See You - Clare Mackintosh
  • Behind Her Eyes - Sarah Pinborough
  • Stay With Me - Ayobami Adebayo (a giveaway prize)
  • A Darker Shade of Magic - V. E. Schwab
  • A Gathering of Shadows - V. E. Schwab
  • A Conjuring of Light - V. E. Schwab


The photo above is what I thought was going to be the entirety of my April book haul...but! Of the other books I bought, I’ve already read 4 of them, meaning my TBR hasn’t grown that much. Or so I’ll keep telling myself.

Personal Update

  • Such stress.

Blog Posts

It’s been a quiet month on Readabilitea, but there are a few posts for you to enjoy:


How were your Aprils? Have you got anything exciting planned for May? Let me know in the comments below, I love hearing your thoughts!
Happy reading,
Zoe